Thursday, January 23, 2014

What are my goals and dreams?

I've been thinking about this all morning.

My husband and I had a heart-to-heart last night. I was trying to explain to him that since I quit working about 11 years ago to be a mom, I feel like I have lost control. Do you feel this way?

Working is power. It generates money. It generates social contacts. It gives you a place to go and things to do. It gives you goals, a purpose, a plan.

For me, being a mom at home doesn't provide that same amount of daily control. I drift. One day I'm working on cleaning a closet. The next I'm playing games with my kids that are home all day because it's a snow day and they need to be entertained. Every day is an adventure, a journey and a joy, but it doesn't have a plan.

I like plans. I like spreadsheets. I like knowing what to do and when to do it. Ha! I haven't been able to stick to living by a spreadsheet since 2002 no matter how hard I try!

So, knowing that it's impossible to have exactly the same schedule day after day and I have no idea how each day will play out, how do I figure out what I want and how to get there? How do I make a plan?

I started with this list of things that I really want out of life:

  • To be healthy and strong
  • Have a happy, unified family
  • Have a clean and organized home
  • Eat nourishing food
  • Find mental, social and spiritual fulfillment
  • Travel
  • Write a book
  • Sell quilts/quilt designs
  • Financial Stability
Now, how do I get these things? Today I have no clue. I just know what I want. That's a good starting point. I'm going to keep thinking. I'm going to figure out how to create a plan that will work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment