Friday, January 24, 2014

Jump Right In!

I can't believe what I have done.

In the last 24 hours, I have really stuck myself out there. I've left the comfort zone far behind and lept into the darkness. Hopefully I've not jumped right off a cliff!

Let's count my leaps:

First, I started this blog and actually told people about it. It's always fun to start blogs. But, actually committing to those around you that you have begun, want them to read it and then actually putting it out into the internet so that they can read it is a totally different thing. I know nothing about running a blog, writing a blog, or attempting to make money at a blog. But, here we are and I've started.

Second, I signed up for the Hartford Color Me Rad race on April 26th. I haven't participated in a road race for over nine years. And I have a bum foot to boot! My goal is to walk it in 45 minutes. It's going to take work! But my daughter and several friends have joined in, so it should be a fun and entertaining event!

Third --  and this is where I not only stepped out on a limb but jumped right out of the tree -- I applied to give a talk at Fitbloggin -- a fitness blogging conference. I honestly do not think they will take me. I mean, I have just started this blog and have no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying, but learning. However, I do feel like I know my topic. Here was my application:

Leverage Technology for Better Health

So, you've got this super fancy tell-all health monitor that you wear faithfully day and night. You check your stats, evaluate your numbers, and those of your 200 closest friends. But how do you use that data to actually make you a healthier person?

Let me show you.

Without the expense of a gym, a year ago I used my personal health monitor to help me loose 40 pounds and keep it off. With a few simple ideas, you too can leverage your powerful technology for better health.


I'm sure they have a ton of applicants, and that those people actually have a grown-up blog, so I'm skeptical that I'll get a shot. But, I tried. I TRIED! And that was my jumping point. In order to get anything to change, you just have to keep trying. So, I am. I'm trying.

Let's see where it leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment