Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pushing through the lazy feeling

Today was one of those 'struggle' days. I've had such a busy week, I really just wanted to curl up on the couch with a good book and lots of chocolate.

But, I recognize that it's exactly those days that caused me to get out of shape in the first place, so I have struggled through and fought the lazy beast inside! I used my favorite walk for 20 minutes, rest for 10 minute pattern to get in about 8,000 steps. Once I get to about 12,000 it seems really easy to make it to 16,000 after that. Who know why, maybe it's just a mental thing.

It's about 9:30 at night, and I have 16,300 steps. I've been shooting for 18,000 all this week as part of the #fitbit2014 goal series, and today is my last day to finish strong. So, I'm off to go get my last 1,700 steps.

The question is, will I do the dishes too? That may just take more determination than I have right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment